Tuesday, May 5, 2009

4 Questions...

So here was my prayer:

God purify my heart before you regarding the areas you know that I am struggling in NO MATTER WHAT! I have been going around this same mountain my whole life and I am tired of looking at it and then falling in the same way yet again...

So I was feeling kind of like when something is hidden yet there it is right in front of your face. So God brought me to the following scripture:

James 1:14-15
temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. these desires give birth to sinful actions. and when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death

so apparently it's true, you can't blame it all on the devil, he just plays on your weaknesses...

So as I was sitting and thinking and pondering and then realizing "Hey, I'm medidating on the word" (all those years trying to figure out how to do that and then I do it and don't even know it!) God spoke to me...

Stop and think about the following questions when you feel yourself "falling" on your mountain that you can't seem to get around.

1. What is your desire? (right in the moment what am I desiring)
2. What sin is it giving birth to? (what lies is the enemy whispering to me to try and get me to fall into that sin)
3. Am I allowing it to grow? (am I believing the lies and allowing my reasoning to justify this sin)
4. Is it giving birth to death? (did I just walk the plank)

So basicially it was a classic example of the enemy preying on my weakness and let's just admit it... he's using this weakness to stunt my growth. I don't want to get suckered again!

So chew on that :)

No comments: