Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Romance...

Have you ever gotten roses or flowers from someone special, do you remember how that made you feel? Have you ever had someone give you something that may not have even cost a dime, but it was something that you really enjoy? Like a book, or just a note to say hello, or a thank you, or simply a "I was just thinking of you, and wanted to say hello". Things that we even forget how they made us feel to begin with. Things that encourage or build you up, by showing you that you are special to that person. A greeting card, someone remembering your favoriate color. Or someone saying "I was shopping, and I saw this and thought immediately of you". How did that make you feel? I know for me personally I get a warm fuzzy. It makes me feel important. It makes me feel like this person cared enough about me to remember something that would make me smile. That usually happens between close friends and family. Though not nearly as often as it should.

Today I was walking outside, and I noticed these big white puffy clouds scattered across the bright blue sky, and how vibrately green the trees looked. And then I heard it... "I made this for you, because I love you." Clear as day. The Lord God... The MOST HIGH choose to think of me. Amazingly enough though this is not a rare occurance. The rare occurance is that I noticed the attention and affection being showered upon me. For no reason at all God created me to be the object of his affection. No strings attached. He doesn't even push himself upon me. Don't you think that every morning he could wake me up and REQUIRE me to focus on him. He doesn't. Why is that? Do you think that maybe it's because spontaneous love and caring is so much more meaningful? God wants us to notice him so he paints the sky with various colors and rainbows, and paints the country side with wild flowers and trees. Birds and other wildlife are scurrying about and believe it or not that is worship to the king. Because it is doing exactly what it was created to do. Wow. When I think about God, and his majesty over all things, and then realize... that he's in love with me. He romances our spirits and calls us to himself. Like a budding romance, he sends us flowers, love notes, writes poetry for us on a daily basis. Constantly longing to draw nearer to us. A Sacred Romance... I started reading a book yesterday by John Eldridge "A Sacred Romance". And it talks about this very thing. And once again I am reminded of how important I am to God. And that Jesus didn't come for no reason, and that he didn't suffer for no reason. His love for me is rooted so deeply that it exsisted before I even came to be. I am God's dream. He created me to love me, and for me to love him and worship him.

The verses below have been on my heart lately because I have been struggling with this intense anxiety (which comes and goes) about fearing my own death, or the death of a loved one. I don't understand how I can fear what should be the most joyous occassion for me. Going home to be with the Lord. But then the urgency returns, and I realize that I am completely terrified because I have family and friends that I know do not know HIM. And I become desperate to show them the King. And what he has done for me.

Lord, help me not to fear my coming home, and to realize that my wonderful husband will be with me in heaven someday, and to live one day at a time knowing that I am being cared for by God. And knowing that my husband would be well taken care of if I am taken before him. God I pray for my family, that you would soften their hearts and call them to yourself. I pray that you would take up residence in the hearts of my Mom, Dad, Sisters, Neices, Nephews, and Brothers-In-Law. God I love them, and the thought of an eternity without them is scarey. God I just long for them to know you. Thank you for my friends, and my church home, and the wonderful encouragement I find in them. God I love you. And I ask Lord that you would choose to show mercy on my family and claim them as your own. IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.

Galatians 5:1"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with the yoke of bondage."
Philippians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Matthew 6:25-34 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Thank you all for reading :)
Love in Christ the Savior,Sarah J.

No comments: