Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This Winter

Oh man.... another cold day, and a wonderful 12 to 15 inch snow pack on the ground. God I am really serious now, I really want to move away from icky, snowy, and cold Iowa! So today was another wonderful day in the life of a stay at home mom who doesn't get out because of the nasty weather! Kaylie told me she wished I would go to heaven and get died because I told her she needed to play in her room until daddy got home from work. I feel like crying at the drop of a hat, and overall just feel miserable. But as I sit here and wallow in my self pity I am thinking about all of the people in Haiti who are suffering way more than I could ever imagine, and I am praying God that you would compassion and mercy on those wonderful people. Bring them peace, prosperity, and provision in their time of need. I thank you for all of the people doing their best to raise money and send money for the relief effort there. God I also continue to pray for those recovering from hurricane Katrina, there are so many people still suffering from that as well.

Praise God I have a home, a warm bed, food on my table, and a family to share it with. God forgive me for my pessimistic attitude today. Give me strength to take it one day at a time and to focus on you and on loving those around me!

No comments: